dimanche 23 septembre 2018

VAF 2018!

These past few months I had been working for the Viborg Animation Festival of Denmark aka VAF.
.
VAF is the biggest animation festival of Denmark and I got the opportunity of being the VAF artist of the year! It means that I was responsible of the visual identity of the festival (Poster/program/tote-bags/tee-shirts/banners etc.) and the trailer/teaser of the festival. The trailer is shown before every screenings in the cinema. This year, Denmark meets France at VAF and I could really design this trailer in the style I wanted.
VAF if a 7 years old danish festival taking place in Viborg and having a VAF green dog as a mascot.
This year it happens from the 24 to the 30 of September 2018/ (so starting tomorrow) and is a combination of cinema screenings, masterclasses, talks, game exhibition, art exhibition, installations, events etc. It really is an unique festival in Europe I think.

Here is the teaser of this year VAF trailer :


eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeand the final poster of the VAF 2018 festival :


When I got contacted to be the VAF artist 2018 I knew the theme of 2018 was France so I came with the "french kiss" drawing (under) primarily and one logline for my upcoming trailer :
"Two girls in two countries are not as different as they seem to be"
And that's when the real VAF adventure started for me.


>>> First concept art for the VAF 2018 visual identity

The idea of two girls meeting for the VAF trailer was accepted and I started exploring this meeting. I wanted to work even more with abstract that I normally do, even more with symmetry/asymmetry. For me the VAF artist opportunity and especially its trailer was a way to push my current narrative storytelling on SIBLINGS (the short film I'm currently working on) and my designs toward something more simple and more elegant.





>>> First idea about the two girls :

It is also at that time that I decided that the two girls will have same overall design to reduce the animation load and play with the similarities between the 2 countries.








I will post more posts later about the characters, the background, the story and its color, so stay tuned if you want to know the "behind the scenes" of the VAF 2018 visual identity!





.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeand come to the festival from the 24 to the 30 of September 2018!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire